In 2004 Congress passed a law declaring September 17 Constitution Day. In honor of Constitution Day, Republicans introduced a new, novel proposal to the House. They want all new bills passed to site their legality in accordance with the constitution. I think this is a great idea and I would love to see it go through. I think this is worth reading because the power of the government comes from the constitution, so why should we not have to cite where in the constitution the federal government is allowed that power? When our country was founded, it was done so to severely limit the power of the federal government, something that needs to be kept in check. As Thomas Jefferson once said, “The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.” I think this bill would be a great way to honor our roots on Constitution Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment